Our Sun Group is situated at the front of the main nursery. It offers a separate entrance, dining room, changing area and 2 playrooms with access to their own outdoor play area.
The Sun Group (0 – 2 Years)
The Sun group accepts children from 3 months until the term after their 2nd Birthday.
3 months – 1 year
We recognise the first 12 months of a baby’s life is crucial to their development and the staff spend a lot of time talking and singing to the babies to encourage their social and language development. There are a large selection of toys in the baby room and these include: soft toys, books, mobiles, rattles and musical toys.
1 – 2 years old
Our staff offer our younger children a safe, warm and child friendly environment, which allows for individual personalities and characters to be catered for. With continuity of care children become emotionally secure and settle easily and quickly (in most instances). Planning allows for a timetable which enables all areas of development to be met: Physical, Personal, Emotional, and Social, Communication & Language.
During this time, we will compile a ‘Child’s Progress Review’. This should be completed between a child’s 2nd and 3rd birthday, and is designed to support the 2 yr old check carried out by your Health Visitor.
The children move up to the next group when they are approximately 2 years old and the decision to move them only comes when we feel they are ready to cope with a more structured group and we’ve discussed the move with the parents.
If you would like to view a tour of the Sun room please click here
Sun Group Routine
- 7:30am – 8:00am: Free play/breakfast in Star Group room.
- 8:00am – 9:15am: Free play/check nappies/breakfast.
- 8:45am – 9:30am: Snack time.
- 8:45am – 11:20am: Free play and outside play/exploring the planned experience and adult led experience/nappies/physical time.
- 11:20am – 11:30am: Music time/wash hands.
- 11:30am – 12:00pm: Lunchtime.
- 12:00pm – 12:10pm: Music time.
- 12:10pm – 1:45pm: Sleepers prepared and put to bed/free play and outside play/nappies changed as children wake up.
- 1:45pm – 2:15pm: Snack time.
- 2:15pm – 3:45pm: Free play/outside play/exploring the planned experience and adult led experience/nappies/physical time.
- 3:45pm – 4:00pm: Music time/wash hands.
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm: Tea.
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm: Nappies, free play.
- 5:00pm – 5:50pm: Free play/drinks/music time.
- 5:50pm – 5:55pm: Tidy up.
- 6:00pm: Closed