The Moon Group is situated at the far end of the main nursery. The room is light, airy and homely with French doors opening into the rear garden. There is a separate sleep/quiet room and toilet with nappy changing facilities.
The Moon Group (2- 3 Years)
The Moon Group accepts children from 2 years until the September after their 3rd Birthday.
2 – 2 1/2 years
Staff in the Moon Group offer many opportunities in their daily routine, that allows for the boundless energy of younger children. With individual areas for learning through play, children are encouraged to nurture their natural curiosity, imagination and growing independence. Early concentration skills are introduced with opportunities that allow for fine and gross motor skills to develop. Encouragement is also given towards the development of good manners and etiquette.
2 1/2 – 3 years
Children will join our pre-school curriculum, based on the new EYFS, from 2 ½ years old which will ensure they are well prepared for a smooth transition to school.
When a child reaches 2 ½ yrs old, they should have the skills to move on from the 3 prime areas to the 4 additional areas of development which are : Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding of the World and Expressive Arts & Design.
All these areas will be taught through Play & Exploring, Active Learning and Creative & Critical thinking. All of these areas will still be child initiated, and where appropriate, adult led … but as always, the children will learn through playing and having fun!!!
Moon Group Routine
- 7:30am – 8:00am: Free play/breakfast in Star Group room.
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Free play in main room and when there are more than 10 children take a group outside. Toileting/nappy checks.
- 8:45am – 10:00am: Rolling snack, free play inside and outdoor play.
- 9:45am – 10:00am: Purple group to have register and key person time.
- 10:00am – 10:10am: Red group to have key person time.
- 10:10am – 11:15am: Free play, outdoor play and focused activities. Toileting and nappy checks.
- 11:15am – 11:20am: Tidy up time.
- 11:20am – 11:40am: Music time and prepare for lunch.
- 11:45am – 12:15pm: Lunchtime.
- 12:15pm – 1:45pm: Toddlers sleep time, free play, outdoor and focused activities. Toileting and nappy checks done as children awake.
- 1:45pm – 2:15pm: Rolling Snack, free play and outdoor play.
- 2:15pm – 2:30pm: Purple group to have register and key person time.
- 2:00pm – 2:45pm: Free play, outdoor play and focussed activities.
- 2:30pm – 2:40pm: Red group to have key person time.
- 2:45pm – 3:00pm: Music time.
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm: Outdoor play.
- 3:30pm – 3:45pm: Toileting, free play in p/s.
- 3:45pm – 3:50pm: Tidy up time.
- 3:50pm – 4:00pm: Circle time.
- 4:00pm – 4:30pm: Tea with p/s.
- 4:30pm – 5:00pm Free play/toileting.
- 5:00pm – 5:55pm: Free play, drinks then nappies.
- 6pm: Closed.
To support the pre-school curriculum, which starts at 2 1/2 yrs, we also have a pre-school polo shirt to help the children feel part of the Clarecroft pre-school community, and help them get used to wearing a uniform before they go off to school. The polo shirts will be optional, but we would urge you to consider buying at least one so that your child can feel part of their peer group.
Please contact us to order your Pre-School Polo Shirts, which are available in the following sizes : 3-4yrs (26″) & 5-6yrs (28″).
The Polo Shirts are £6.35 each and we have sample sizes in the nursery if you would like to try one on for size first.